Sunday, May 23, 2010

Major shitstorm!

While rendering a scene my computer suddenly went off! Don't know if was a power surge or what but I lost both of my backup hdd's and graphics card, every piece of art I've drawn since 2007 was on those back up's so they are gone forever, all my reference material is gone too. Fucking technology!!! I think im going to invest in usb flash drives from now on.


Needles to say, I'm depressed about the whole thing, need to start over from scratch on every level.

3 comments:

  1. Morg ya haven't tried recovering the data have you? What kind of computer do you have? I have a suite of recovery software that I used to recover data from on an old 200 gig drive from a windows system. As long as the drive still spins it can be recovered. Don't try recovering the data until you get solid software to do it because every recovery attempt degrades the files.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Got a terabyte drive because of numerous hard drive failures i've had. But mostly i copy all my art onto DVD disks. Takes up more space but even backup drives fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried switching out the controller boards as a last resort, ruined my other HDD, I'm saving my money for SSD. I can get 32GB usb 3.0 flash drive for around 100.00 and it's faster than a 7200rpm SATA HDD.

    But I've lost everything already, it's still depressing me.

    ReplyDelete