Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hello, I'm an Atheist.

I was just visited by two nice Christian ladies who were trying to convince me God loves me and all that jazz, I told them I had no doubts that God is a fairytale and they kept quoting bible verses for their proof.

Next thing you know, I was trying to defend what I think to be true to them, and I didn't even have a book to back up what I thought.

I was brought up Christian, I had no doubts God was real, it's easy when you're a kid. I even believed in Santa Claus, who by the way I still believe in, He was a real person [Saint Nicholas] gave away his wealth to the poor in the 4th century and did more for Christianity than Jesus or God in my opinion.

Well, you know how kids around 5 or 6 are naturally curious, I was especially curious about God and why things are the way they are. So I asked a lot of questions:

Why does God make it rain?

Why does God make Poison?

Why did God make the Devil?

Why did God this and that...?

and I don't know if it was because I was so young or the people I asked were just lazy but nearly every time I would ask a question I would be told...."YOU DON'T QUESTION GOD!" That was my first RED-FLAG.

And I don't know what other Christians think but when I was 5 or 6 I was told when you go to Heaven, you will live in a GOLDEN MANSION...didn't really care being so young but now that I look back on that little gem and think how materialistic Christians must be.

When I was 11 or 12 I started praying, and I mean serious prayer to God to help my family out of poverty, because it was effecting myself and my brothers, even how other people treated us. So I clasped my hands together and pleaded with God to help us, and after a day of that I started asking God to give me sign he loves me [because i was told god loves me so much], and on the third day I started to debate with myself if this was real or not.

So, when I finally stopped praying to the air, I just dropped my hands in disgust and I became angry. Why did all of these people lie to me? Why give me hope in something that would not acknowledge your existence? Later on I started to laugh at myself as I remembered praying to the air with tears in my eyes for help, for some reason that became hilarious.

Since then I was critical about religion  and how it effects me.

I don't need religion to tell me whats moral, because religion has failed at doing that very thing, just read your bible. Don't let the bible be dictated to you because you will only hear what they want you to hear. I live in poverty, but I am happy. I enjoy my life because I know it's all I got, I feel sorry for all those people who look forward to dying.

Being a moral person is basic human nature. If you think you would go out and kill people because there were no ten commandments, would you still be a moral person with the ten commandments?

Anyways, now that I have been challenged on my thinking, I'll need to get into more research and ask those same questions now, but put more thought into it.

-Morganza

No comments:

Post a Comment